Sunday, May 1, 2011

Story time

Well, I finally got to see most of the Royal Wedding yesterday!  CJ probably wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he watched a bit of it, too.  It was just as magical as I hoped it would be.  I loved Kate's dress, I thought it was perfect.  I loved all the carriages, fancy cars, fun hats, and military uniforms. It really was a modern day fairy tale - I hope Prince William and Princess Catherine enjoyed their day as much as I did!  The Bishop of London's sermon was so sweet and fitting.  Here is part of it:

“'Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.' So said St Catherine of Siena whose festival day it is today. Marriage is intended to be a way in which man and woman help each other to become what God meant each one to be, their deepest and truest selves....In a sense every wedding is a royal wedding with the bride and the groom as king and queen of creation, making a new life together so that life can flow through them into the future."




That wasn't all that went on this week...we had terrible weather throughout Alabama last Wednesday.  Our power went out that morning and was out for two days.  That's really so insignificant compared all of the families that lost some one or lost their homes.  Sadly, some probably lost both. 




Friday night we went to dinner with Adam and Meredith at Habenero's and had fun, as usual.  Their power was off until yesterday afternoon.  My future sweet hubby and I ran some errands yesterday then went to watch the Baron's play.  It felt nice to be back at the ball park again...even if it wasn't Turner Field!   We had a really great time!




This afternoon Jonah and Callie are coming over to play and we can't wait!

No comments: