Tuesday, January 29, 2013

snow 2013

Bama's First Snow

I can't help but get excited when I see a chance of snow in the weather forecast.  Not the type of excited that would drive me to stand in line for milk and bread at the nearest grocery store.  No, not that type.  I do get excited to leave the office early in order to get home and admire the snow with my hubby through our living room window with a fire burning in the fireplace.  That's exactly what I did this snow day.

I snapped these pictures on my drive home.
It was beautiful!  


Straight through the stop light is our neighborhood.
Isn't it pretty?  








As I turned on our street, the road was covered with snow and slush.
I was happy to be home!





Then I saw our driveway.


My first thought was something like, "Wow, that's a lot of snow.  Awesome!"
Not at any point did it occur to me to park on the street.
Not at any point did it occur to me that I may not be able to make it up the driveway.
Up the driveway I went.
And down the driveway I slid.
Six tries later, it occurred to me that I would be parking on the street.
So I did.
I scanned the street to see if any neighbors had witnessed what happened.
Nobody did.  I thought that was pretty awesome.
I loaded up my arms with groceries and dry cleaning.
 Every body part from my waist up had a purpose for holding something in place.
Obviously, that was a fantastic idea.
A few slips later, I was at our front door.  Finally.


Once I got home from work, I took Dale out for a walk so that he could enjoy the snow and I could snap some pictures.  I think he loved it!



The alley behind our house was covered!







I called hubby to tell him that there was no way he could come home through the alley and that our driveway was impossible.  I can't believe how hardheaded some people can be!  :)








I try to change out our chalkboard regular basis.  
How fitting!


The next morning we still had plenty of snow.  
Luckily, the main roads weren't too bad.




I hope you enjoyed your snow day!

xo

No comments: