Wednesday, January 2, 2013

december 2012

The last month of 2012 looked a little like this...

I look forward to Southern Comfort egg nog each year.  
With a few sprinkles of nutmeg and cinnamon, it's like dessert!


While my mind is now focused on desserts, I should also mention that I love hot chocolate!


What's better than sweets?
Diamonds!
Hubs surprised me with these little pretties for our one year anniversary.
I'm a lucky girl.


He also bought me this!
Kidding!
It's one of the private/corporate jets that CJ details.



Hubs has a talent for making older planes look new, no doubt.
He's taken his knowledge of all things paint related along with his eye for detail and applied it to refurbishing older furniture.  He's so talented!  
Below is an old sewing table that he made over and gave as a gift to his sister and BIL for Christmas.


When he's not busy at work or looking for his next furniture project...he's building fires.
We love our fireplace - I think we make one three or more nights a week!   


For the record, I do things too!
Pictures of me folding laundry, cleaning the bathroom, or unloading the dishwasher just aren't very cute.
Pictures of food are more interesting!

This Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe is easy and yummy.


This Beef Stroganoff Recipe was also very good.


This recipe for the best sandwiches ever is one of our favorites.  We crave it!


Have I convinced anyone that I slave over the oven day in and day out?
Maybe?  Yes?  Good!
By the way, if you truly are convinced, you are probably one of those people that fall for the "free cruise" phone calls with waves crashing and seagulls squawking in the background.  

What does consume a lot of my time at home is rounding up puppy dog hair.
This picture was taken after spending only fifteen minutes with my Furminator.


Because this little puppy dog seems to have a hair turnover rate of about 3 seconds.


Oh, and keeping Polly out of the fireplace...and out of everything else for that matter!


Wait!  AND keeping Bill off of our laptop.


No matter how much trouble they cause, we love our fur kids.
They sure do keep us laughing!

Look at this picture closer.
See that squirrel?  
So did Bill.


Polly missed it.  Honestly, she probably didn't care.  
She'd rather watch television than nature any day.



We also had a great time preparing for Christmas.
I really enjoyed wrapping presents.
CJ really enjoyed framing his face with tinsel wreaths in restaurants.  


What would any month be without pizza?
Not a good one!
We visited Slice a few times.
The Rockefeller pizza is yumm-o to my tumm-o.


Oh.
And...
My brother asked his girlfriend, Mary, to be his wife on Christmas day!
I am so excited for them!


As if that wasn't enough excitement, my cousin Victoria met her little girl on January 1st at around 11 am!  


So, that's our December. 
xo

No comments: