Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Favorites!

Because Fall is my most favorite time of the year, I thought I would do a post about the reasons why...

October 3rd is my birthday!  Unlike most people, mine is a month long celebration that I encourage all of my family to take part in.  I recently asked my mom to start dropping reminders to family.  I love getting birthday cards in the mail and being able to say, "but it's my birthday!"  CJ and my mom always make it really special for me as well.  They spoil me - and I love it!

I love the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks.  It's the season in a cup.  Nonfat milk and no whip cream, of course! 

The colors of fall are so beautiful.  Our living room is a constant reminder of that and I really enjoy the space. We have a large window that allows us to feel like we're in a tree house and when the season changes, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Although I care nothing about football, I do enjoy the get togethers and food that this time of year produces.  I will spend hours on the internet looking for new ideas and recipes for game day!  Ahhh...CJ's chili is calling my name!


I also love Halloween and Thanksgiving. 
While CJ and I never do anything for Halloween, I really love watching scary movies and eating candy that will later prohibit me from fitting in my jeans. 
Thanksgiving is such a nice time of year.  We always spend the actual day with CJ's family (tons of food...and wine!) and go to visit my family in Mississippi the next day.  I really enjoy going back to MS, which happens twice a year.  I'm thankful that CJ always goes and makes the most of it. 
After eating an abnormal amount for those two days, the Iron Bowl is on the Saturday after - so just when you think that you can't eat any more, our friends along with us have made some delicious dips and appetizers to munch on for the game.  This is the point where you thank the person who created stretch in fabric. 
I guess that's it for now...I'm still running.  Hopefully I'll reap the benefits of that soon.  We had a relaxing weekend - spent all day last Saturday watching football with the animals.  We're excited about going to a friend's house this Saturday night to watch the Auburn game.  I'm also excited to finally make the beer bread that CJ's sweet sister bought me.  I hope everyone enjoys it as much as CJ and I do!  CJ is laughing now because I squeezed in another comment about food.  Ha! 
Happy Fall, ya'll!

No comments: