Monday, November 8, 2010

Hello November!

Wow, I can't believe it's already November! 
We had a really great weekend!  Our date Friday night was fun, as usual.  Saturday CJ watched football while I caught up the laundry.  Saturday night we went to Cajun Steamer to celebrate CJ's friend's birthday.  It was a nice time.  Sunday we managed to watch three...maybe even four movies while the boyz napped on and off.  I realize that on Sundays we are completely worthless and that I am completely ok with that because one day I'll look back on this time of our lives and think about how nice it was to have nothing to do...or maybe we'll always be lazy on Sundays.  I guess either way is fine with me. 
This week I promised CJ that I would cook for him all week.  Sometimes I don't think things through very thoroughly:)  I went to Publix and spent too much money.  I'm positive the grocery store gets most of my paycheck.  I'm looking at you, Walmart and Publix.  Enough of the bill bitterness...moving on!  Our first dinner tonight wasn't very good.  CJ pretended it was and managed to finish/swallow his.  I threw mine away and made soup.  Hopefully tomorrow will work out better.  I love trying to be a little cook for my sweet heart, but I truly wish I had better instincts in the kitchen.  I'm very thankful that he enjoys (and is wonderful at) cooking.  I'd much rather do take out and according to that terrible grocery bill today, it would be cheaper!  I just added a little note to self there!  Next time I decide I want to pamper my little prince, I'll just volunteer take out for a few days.  That would probably be a safer bet anyway!
I'm already picking out Thanksgiving Day recipes and Iron Bowl recipes.  I'm also already ITCHING to dig out our Christmas decorations and put up a tree.  I do this every year.  I get so excited for everything that this time of year entails and then after it's gone I wish that I could have pressed a slow motion button.  With that being said, I want to try to soak in all that this time of year has to offer and really, really enjoy it.  Cheers!

Well, this was a manic Monday post...until next time - xo.

No comments: