Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm just a girlfriend again.

Not really.  I'll get to that in juuuuust a minute.
The weather certainly behaved this weekend which is more than I can say for a very unruly canine and a wild feline that reside with us.  Dale apparently has made the decision recently to decide if and when he wants to obey.  Bill chose a long time ago that living with his life in danger is much more fitting for him...soooo, he spends most of his days testing my patience and as well as my skills at chase.  What these four legged fur babies don't realize is that I'm bigger, faster, and I have an opposable thumb which gives me the capability to do much more - including opening and closing doors.  While it makes me feel better to shut them in the bad pet room, it only really has an effect on Dale.  Bill uses this as an opportunity to do things that all cats do...you know - like body slams into the door and such. 
Moving on, we had a really great weekend!  We went to grill out at Staci and Brian's with the rest of the family.  It was so nice outside.  I joked that I'm just a girlfriend again because my ring is being sized and I won't get it back until March 10th.  I'm going to try to note a few "firsts" as they come along.  Today I have two.  They may be really silly to someone else, but I just never want to forget them.  Alright, Sappy Suzy is signing off.

*I got my first Valentine's card that said, "To My Wife."  I cried.  Lots.  Do you know how awesome it is to be a wife to such a sweet, wonderful man?  Takes my breath away, seriously.

No comments: