Friday, August 19, 2011

This week...

This week my wedding dress came in.  My mom and I are going to pick it up tomorrow.
This week we bought our cookware set with the gift cards we got from our shower last month (!!!!).
This week Meredith's FIL is still in the hospital.  If you pray, please pray for him - his name is John Kidd.
This week I still don't have my car. 
This week I ran nine miles...I didn't run yesterday or today - but will pick back up tomorrow.
This week I wore my new TOMS and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes ever.
This week I'm tired.
This week...was a little difficult.
BUT.
I am thankful for having a roof over my head.
I am thankful I have a job.
I am thankful I have the best mom in the whole world.
I am thankful I have a wonderful man that wants to marry me.
I am thankful I have the sweetest dog and most unique (?) cat.
I am thankful for our family and friends that have been so helpful with all things wedding related.
I am thankful my love for the Lord doesn't waiver just because my circumstances may.
I am thankful for mine and CJ's health...well, I think we're healthy anyway.  I visit webmd.com more than I check my email just to be sure my headaches aren't brain cancer or some type of incurable disease.  Little bit of a hypochondriac.  Lotta bit of obsessive compulsive disorder.  I'm ok with it.  I always have medicine around and have a clean house.  Yep. 

So, it's Friday now.  I'm going to get ready for a well deserved date night.
Cheers to...life.  Be it tough or easy, sad or happy - it beats the alternative.  It always beats the alternative.

No comments: