Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Welcome, September.

Brief update:  Last weekend was wonderful.  Friday night we went to dinner for Jill's birthday with a group of friends.  Saturday night we cooked out at Staci's house.  Sunday we were useless. 
K, moving on.
I really, really don't like to complain about a bad day or circumstance I find myself in.  My mind always goes to, "it could be worse" because it most definitely could.  When everything seems to go wrong before I even walk inside the office doors, I have to refocus: at least I have money to buy gas to put in my dependable car and drive to my job that plenty of other people would be glad to have right now. 
During the month of August I felt like my sanity was being tested every day!  Between finding a place to move, little wedding ends that needed to be tied, my car being wrecked - I was stretched pretty thin.  However, life worked itself out as it always does.  We decided to stay right where we are and move next year when there's not much else going on.  CJ asked me to make him a 'to do' list filled with all things wedding planning related - I did - and he had most of it done in one day.  I finally got my car back and it actually looks better than it has in a while.  My sweetie buffed and waxed it for me last night:)

BUT.  August, quite frankly...you can kiss it. 


Here's what we have going on in September that makes my heart smile... 
Brittany and Corey are getting married this Saturday at American Village. 


My cousin Joel and his wife will hold their first child (a little girl) in their arms.


My brother is coming in town for a whole weekend.


Our wedding shower at Staci's house.


Lastly, it looks as though a little beach trip may come to life later this month.


Now, that's a lot to look forward to! 


Edited to add - Meredith's FIL woke up from his coma!  They hope to have him talking within the next few weeks.  He is still recovering from pneumonia, but did really well through his back and leg surgeries.  For anyone who may have sent a prayer up for him, it is very much appreciated...muchas gracias!

No comments: