Monday, October 17, 2011

Happenings at home.

How is it that we have managed to book up almost every weekend until the wedding?  I just came to that realization a few days ago.
We have had some super fabulous weekends lately that have consisted of a shopping trip/day with my mom, lots of time with friends watching football and munching on good food, blueberry muffins for breakfast, and a surprise party for CJ's oldest sister, Staci.  Love!
Last week I was busy writing thank you notes, trying to find tissue inserts for wedding invitations, booking final walk throughs with vendors, booking hair and makeup trials, booking a final wedding dress fitting, finding Halloween costumes for our bachelor/bachelorette party, running a house hold, exercising, and forgetting to feed Dale at his dinner time every night.  Busy, but blessed!
If it wasn't for the best mom in the world, I might have lost my mind in all of the wedding planning lately.  I have no idea how she does it, but she manages to simplify every problem I have without dismissing it or belittling it.  Her words are like magic.  There is something about spending time with her that brings me back to reality and I am reminded that no matter how old I get, I am always my mom's little girl...my mother's daughter.  I am so lucky that I am her daughter and there isn't a day that passes that she doesn't remind me why. 
 Because all things in are life right now seem to be wedding related, why stop with our movie selections?  I was surprised, but CJ actually agreed to watch 'Bride Wars' and 'Bridesmaids' and liked them both!  I have to say, these may be my favorite movies of all time.  If you haven't seen them, you definitely should! 

No comments: