Thursday, February 9, 2012

The post of a thousand pictures.

It's finally cold again!  YES!  I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to make it through my winter wardrobe.  I seriously felt like my scarves were making sad eyes at me.  I hope that it stays this chilly for a bit longer. 

What's been going on in February?

Well...I booked a beach trip!  In just a few months, we are headed to Orange Beach for four nights!  SCORE!  I also may or may not have already bagged a few swimsuits for the vacation.  Our view?


Last weekend we began refurbishing our dresser (sand/prime/paint).  I got the idea from this addicting site.  We plan to finish the dresser and start/finish our coffee table this weekend.  LOVE.  Below is a picture of the dresser with primer on it.  I really enjoyed working on a project with my sweet hubby all weekend!


We invited my parents, brother, CJ's sister, brother in law, niece and nephew over to watch the Superbowl.  I made balsamic honey pork sliders with homemade bbq sauce and Paula Dean's baked beans followed by death by chocolate for dessert.  My mom brought her uh-may-zing potato salad and a chocolate pie. 
 


CJ has been singing Hall & Oates nonstop.  He's camera shy in this picture, not waving! 


Bill is either in trouble or asleep lately.  He is such a frustrating, funny, annoying, cute pet to have.  He can now lock himself in his room.  He is officially a teenager!


Dale is on a diet.  He can't have any human food or treats and has to exercise.  He really enjoys the walks more often.  He tried to go for a swim in the creek near our house the other day...I pulled him out.  I'm looking forward to his first swim this year at the lake.  He must have some lab somewhere in there!


This little beauty found it's way into our home.  So adorb!


Hubby has been making me breakfast a few mornings a week.  I get excited when I see him come upstairs with my favorite:  whole wheat toast with blackberry jam and an egg! 


I love Papa Murphy's Pizza.  I love it because it's fresh, the people are always nice, and they have rediculously cute seasonal specials.  Tonight, we'll be munching on the Heartbaker Pizza.


I promised CJ that this weekend the only trips out of the house would be a quiet date night, a trip to Lowe's and the grocery store.  Hopefully we can work on our projects all weekend, watch movies, and relax.  I think that sounds perfect.
xo

***

Just oooone more picture.  My brother, John sent me this while on his morning jog.  He's in Biloxi, MS on a business trip.  Lovely, yes?

No comments: