Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lil bit of this. Lil bit of that.

I did it. 
I joined pinterest and I love it.
I made two recipes from there tonight:
Cajun Chicken Pasta and Healthy Deep Dish Cookie Pie. 
They were both delish!  Hubby went on and on about how wonderful the pasta was.  We were both surprised at how good the cookie pie was considering it had beans, oats and unsweetened applesauce in it. 



We watched Moneyball Friday night and munched on Cuban Sandwiches from Kool Korner Sandwiches.  Loved the movie - if you haven't seen it, you definitely should. 


Last night we went on a date to Village Tavern and dined on filet mignon and chicken pasta with basil cream sauce.  It was a nice evening.
Other than that, we have been lounging around and enjoying the weekend.  I really needed time to recover and reflect from last weekend.  My sweet husband has been so good to me throughout everything.  He lets me grieve at my own pace.  He knows when to hold, when to hug, and what to say. 
I plan to start running full time again tomorrow.  I know that will help clear my head and enable me to sleep better.  Thanks to my blog friend over at 5th Belle Avenue, I now have a running schedule and a goal to work towards instead of my usual 2-3 mile runs.  You can email her as well and she'll forward you all of the information.  So inspiring and helpful.
Today was the first day I haven't cried all week.  I still think about what happened or how sad my dad is every few minutes.  I wish I could take his pain away and carry it myself.  I would.  Please, please, please continue to pray that him (Jim Bynum) and my aunt (Jane Culberson) can feel the comfort that only our Father can provide right now.

No comments: