Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Vacation

As I type this, our vacation is nearing an end as all good things must.  We have had a wonderful time and truly enjoyed each other's company, the company of our family, and our friends.  I'm so thankful that we were able to spend this time together.  I just love my handsome hubby!
Here's a recap of our sweet memories...
We started off our vacation by going with our best friends to Lovoy's at Soho in Homewood for an Italian dinner.  We had a great time with Meredith and Adam.
 
We spent Christmas Eve shopping for our final gifts, running errands, and baking for the next day.  We picked up our delicious ham from The Honeybaked Ham Company and the to die for dressing and gravy from Irondale Cafe...which happens to be one of the best eats here in town.  We exchanged our gifts that night.  I loved our first Christmas Eve as a married couple!

On Christmas we woke up, got ready, and went to Staci and Brian's to spend the day with them and the kids.  We opened gifts, ate a nice lunch, played some board games, and just enjoyed being together on Christmas. 

 The next day we headed to MS to visit with my grandparents and have Christmas with my parents and brother.  My aunt cooked a yummy meal.  (Sidenote:  My grandfather is doing ok.  He has two more treatments before they'll decide on a plan of action.  Please continue to pray for him to have peace, strength and remain pain free.)  We had a nice visit there.  I am thankful that I was able to spend one more Christmas with both of my grandparents.
Tuesday night my hubby took me out for a little Mexican date night.  It was fun being out on a date during the week! 
Wednesday we picked up my little brother at his office and whisked him away for a lunch date to La Dama in Liberty Park.  I went shopping with my mom after. 
Wednesday night we stayed on the couch with the boyz and dined on sushi.  YUM!
Thursday night we had a dinner date at Cafe Lazio...ahh, they're pizza is delish! 
Friday night my mother in law and youngest sister in law came over for (even more!) pizza and conversation.  Our days were spent relaxing, running errands, walking Dale, working out and CJ was able to play a lot of playstation!
We celebrated New Years Eve by going to On Tap for the Auburn bowl game with our great friends, Meredith and Adam, Katie and Joseph, and Holly and Mark.  Hubster and I got home before the ball dropped in New York so we were able to watch that, count down, and dance together:)  We talked about our dreams for the new year and what we hope to accomplish.  This year is OUR year and I am eager to see what God has in store for us!  I fell asleep before midnight here in Birmingham.  Oh well.  I wouldn't have had it any other way!
Today, we are being very lazy.  We are bunkered down on the couch with the boyz.  Tonight I'm cooking spaghetti with my mom's special sauce, garlic bread, a salad and homemade croutons.  For dessert, lemon meringue pie.  Mmm!  We're hoping my mom will make an appearance with our wedding dvd later and stay for dinner.


Tomorrow will be much of the same...which is completely fine with me.  I really like our "same." 

Happy New Year! 
xo

No comments: