Friday, January 20, 2012

Fall four times, get up five.

I am yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You made a way for me
By suffering your destiny
So tell me, what's a little rain
'Bring The Rain' by Mercy Me

Life hasn't been easy recently.  I understand that things could always be worse and that some people's problems would make mine pale in comparison.  However, that doesn't ease my heart as selfish as that may sound. 

This post will not be about what jacket I'm loving, where we had dinner last weekend, or how great my new gum tastes.  This post will be about what's been my reality as of last week and this week. 

Last Thursday my mom had emergency surgery.  The surgery didn't scare me, although it's never easy to see your mother in a hospital bed.  What did scare me were the circumstances of it.  My mom's life could have been changed forever.  She's back to being healthy again thanks to the prayers from our wonderful family and friends...and the sweet nurses, doctor and surgeon.  Maybe one day I'll post more about the miracle we witnessed, as for now that is all I'm comfortable sharing.

My grandmother's health started to decline earlier this week.  Her husband of 65 years and children were by her side as the nurse started her on morphine Monday night.  All of my life she has talked to me about our Father.  I know she was at peace when she met him this morning around 4am.  Heaven gained a mighty fine angel today.  As I was packing this afternoon, I found myself thinking what she would say about the dresses I picked out for her visitation and funeral.  There were two ways to dress and two ways to decorate: tacky or tasteful.  I love that I knew her that well.  God, I love her.  If you feel led to pray, please pray for the Lord to comfort her family as we honor her (Virginia Bynum) life in the coming days.

My grandfather is not doing well.  He was diagnosed with cancer months ago and has been undergoing treatments once a week.  He had an MRI done on his brain yesterday.  His confusion has gotten worse this week.  If you feel led to pray, please pray for him (Jimmy Bynum) to have positive results from his scan, for his confusion to reside, and for his heart - as I'm sure it must hurt for the loss of his wife.

Wednesday evening, my dog fell from the steps and hit his head hard causing what we think was a seizure or stroke.  He was very unsure of himself at first.  As of today, he's very sore.  I'm hoping the fall was a freak accident and that there was no underlying issue that caused it.  I'm also hoping that he'll feel like himself soon.  I am so thankful for our friend Ashley.  She works at a vet and answered all of my questions.  If you feel led to pray, and you pray for animals, please pray that he feels like himself soon and that his health be restored.  He's been by my side for nine years.

So there, in a very small nut shell, is the short version of where my thoughts lie for now.
 
xo

No comments: