Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What's kept us busy...
Rachel graduated from Pelham last Tuesday night!
She's headed to South Alabama in a few months.






Dale had a vet appointment last Wednesday night.  I found some lumps on him recently and was scared he had the "c" word.  I prayed, cried, had a little break down.  In that order.  For close to three days.  Thankfully, they were just cysts.  The vet said he was healthy, had a healthy heart and...shockingly...she didn't even say he was over weight!  Yeah!  My healthy little nine year old is doing just fine - and that makes this mommy feel GREAT.  I call him the heart beat at my feet.  He's the best side kick I know.
For those of you who enjoy giving your pup treats but don't want to fatten him up, the vet said Cheerios and plain vanilla yogurt are great options. 
For those of you looking for a vet, I highly reccomend Vestavia Animal Clinic.
For those of you who don't have a dog, that's just weird.


Friday hubs and I induglged in a little fiesta.  We had our margaritas and fajitas for the first time in a couple weeks.  What a very pleasant way to end the week and start our three day weekend.  Ahhh, there is nothing like a margarita and my hot husband in front of me on a Friday night!


This weekend was relaxing.
We spent a lot of time lounging poolside with family.  Saturday we had all of CJ's sisters, his mom, neice, nephew and brother in law over.  It was a blast! 
Sunday night we took Dale to Cafe Lazio for 'pups on the patio' and although he was the only dog there, he still had fun.  He ate plenty of pepperonis and pieces of bread.  I think he enjoyed getting out of the house. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention one little bitty thing.
Literally, ONE LITTLE BITTY THING.



Polly.
Active.  Sleepy.  Strong vocal cords.
The dudes have had fun getting to know their new sister.
This is how we spent last night:
(please excuse the chair turned backwards, a certain overweight dog enjoys lounging in it when we aren't home so we found a way to 'one up' him)
how long do you think she can stay back there?

i give up.

i go get her.

lets stare at her until she's uncomfortable.

works every time!


I've been cooking up some yummy goodness in the kitchen.
CJ's mom made us minestrone soup and brought it over, so I made my mom's skillet cornbread.
Delish!

Tonight I tried a new recipe from Skinnytaste.
Divine!
Hubby said this is one of his new favorites.


Then I made the no bake peanut butter pie...also from Skinnytaste.
YUM!
Goodnight.

No comments: