Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Friday night and I'm in bed. 
I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be right now.
The joys of approaching 30.  :)

***

Last weekend we celebrated Kayt's 21st birthday...

Happy Birthday to our smart, beautiful, kind, animal loving, hard working, dependable, generous, thoughtful, Kayt!
   
I tried reading Jen Lancaster's 'Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart@ss, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office' last weekend at the pool and I have to say - - I wasn't thrilled.  Given, I didn't read past the first chapter before putting it down...but I really didn't want to read any more than that.  Here's to hoping it gets more interesting.  I really want it to, I like Jen Lancaster! 
Polly.
She attacks the boyz, our feet, and anything else that moves...or doesn't move.  Her meow is like a siren.  Lucky for her, she's really, really, really, really cute!
For the record, whichever record that may be, I am not turning into a cat person  Not that there's anything wrong with being one - I'm just not.  The other day I was at the grocery store buying cat food and didn't want the lady working the register to think I only had cats - then assume I'm a cat person - so I bought a can of dog food.  Just one can.  I think I made my point. 
For the other record, I have been known to frequent that grocery store without makeup and maybe a couple times with wet hair (oh stop, my hair is thick and takes close to 25 minutes to dry with a hair dryer).  My point is, I'm not one to care what the public thinks about me...so long as they don't think I'm a cat person. 
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

***
This week has been weird for me.  For some reason I'm overly emotional and really tired.  I've had knots in my stomach, lumps in my throat - and I couldn't tell you why.  There haven't been any new life events that would bring any of this on, so I'm going to tell myself I'm just exhausted.  I hope I get some rest tonight because this uneasiness is unrelenting.

xo

No comments: