Friday, June 22, 2012

june 2012

This has been a weeeek!
It started out a little rough, but my sweet man smoothed it over with flowers, a card, my favorite snack, and my favorite take out.  Yep, he's that good.

Here we are, mere hours from another weekend!
Ahhhh, two days of sleeping in.  Alright, so I don't really sleep past 8.  
BUT.  
I do get to wake up and drive to pick up donuts while sipping coffee rather than drive to work.  
ALSO.  
Whether I sleep late or not, at least the option remains.  
I like options.

I do not like this hot weather.  
Why do people in Alabama enjoy Summer?  
Is it sweating during the short walk to the mail box that entices them?  
Maybe it's getting into a car that's temperature is equivalent to a slow cooker?
Let's face it.  No amount of deodorant is sufficient in this heat.
 Running in this heat is brutal!  I have to wait until at least after 5:30 to start now...which completely interferes with my cooking time.  It's a shame really.  If I could run earlier like I'm able to in the months that don't portray the heat of Hell then I would cook every single night.  I would cook 5 course meals from scratch while wearing a pretty little dress with a matching pretty little apron and shiny heels.  I would bake a fresh cake every day that would put all the ones on Pinterest to shame.  I would make fresh tea that Paula Deen herself would admire.  
Gosh, too bad.  

Since I didn't cook this week, I was able to spend a little extra time with our fur kids.
Polly and Bill have started spending a lot of play time together.  As a result, they both seem to be worn out in the evenings...which makes for cute pictures!  
(Excuse the quality, these are from my cell phone)

Sweet B



Polly.  
Going.


Going.


Gone.


And Dale!  Dale has super dog ears!  
(note Polly in mid-air behind him)
(also note that animals are not allowed on the bed and were shewed off after this picture)


I can't think of a better way to end a post than with super dog ears.
Hubs and I are looking forward to spending some time at the pool and sipping frozen cocktails on a patio somewhere...preferably somewhere that serves chips and salsa.

Adios Amigos!

No comments: