Thursday, September 8, 2011

We plan...and God laughs!

I say that to myself a lot. 
I remember last week sitting in CJ's gym room, chatting with him about his day before he started his workout.  As I was leaving to run I said to him, "I wish we could have a normal week where nothing unexpected happened.  Maybe next week."  To that, I now say...maybe next week.  Ha!
Monday evening we lost power due to all the wind and rain.  CJ's boss was kind enough to let us borrow his generator.  It was still raining and cold outside when CJ got home Tuesday night.  He lugged the heavy generator inside to the back deck, got all of the extension cords and plugs ready, plugged in the refrigerator and LIGHTS ON.  Of course!  I was super happy the power was back on, but after all that work - I wish we could have used the generator for a few minutes so that CJ could feel a sense of accomplishment.  The face he made after he cranked it up was absolutely priceless! 
Other than that, I had a little car trouble that we've now fixed.  I guess we're blessed that these are the only things we have to 'complain' about.  After all, it could be worse:)
It's almost the weekend! 
My (big) little brother is flying in tomorrow.  I think we may have dinner with him and my mom.  I'm hoping so!  If not, we'll take a little date night with just the two of us. 
Saturday we're having some of the best friends in the world over to watch some football along with my little brother.  I'm looking forward to all the fun little finger foods and seeing everyone....which reminds me, I need to dig into our cook book and find something to make.
By the way - Better Homes and Garden's Bridal Edition Cook Book is awesome! 


No comments: