Friday, December 2, 2011

8 Days!

It was wonderful being off of work for four days last week!  We enjoyed our little vacation!  We spent Thanksgiving in Mississippi with my family and had a really great time eating all of the yummy food.  We had dinner with some old friends at Jefferson's and watched the Iron Bowl with more old friends:)  Supurb.

This week has been absolutely exhausting.  I have had something wedding related to do every night after work and in some cases before work.  I haven't slept in what feels like ages.  Suddenly there are a million and one things to do and there's not enough hours in the day to do them.  I have been going over and over all of my lists of what not to forget to bring to our hotel, the honeymoon, the ceremony, etc.  You name it, I have a list for it!  I've emailed our vendors, wrote checks, made last minute appointments.  I can not and will not write about my wedding dress fiasco on here...that started Wednesday night.  Oddly enough, I'm ok with the craziness.  I am not ok with the sleep loss!  Luckily I have a super great doctor that prescribed me something to keep my eye lids closed for the next week...well, at night anyway:)  I should mention that I never go to the doctor, ever.  All of that said, I am soaking in every second of being a bride and am very excited to celebrate with friends - but most importantly to become a wife to such a wonderful man.

Last night we had dinner with Meredith and Adam at Slice and it was incredible!  We really enjoy spending time with them.  I feel like I say this too much - but I have no idea what I would do without her.   We oredered the cheese platter with fruits and nuts, two different pizzas to share, then the smores calzone for the four of us to split.  Uh-May-Zing. 




Tonight we're putting together our new book shelf and watching movies.  I am really looking forward to my date with the couch!  I hope we spend the rest of the weekend completing some wedding chores and enjoying each other at home. 

Sidenote:  We watched Christmas Vacation this week!  It's officially Christmas time and my most favorite movie ever.  It took us three nights to complete:)  I could quote the movie all day:

Russ: "Dad, this tree wouldn't fit in our back yard."
Clark: "It's not going in our yard, Russ.  It's going in our living room."

I'll stop myself there.  After all, I've got emails to write, phone calls to make, checks to put in the mail, a guest book to order... 

No comments: