Sunday, December 18, 2011

Our Sweet Wedding

Well,
It happened!
We got married!
It went a little something like this.
The morning of our rehearsal I had breakfast with my daddy.
I got my nails done.
I got a hug from Meredith.
We went to Probate Court for our marriage license.
We picked up CJ's dad from the airport.
CJ saw his dad for the first time in almost five years.
I saw his dad for the first time ever.
We took him to lunch.
We dropped him off at CJ's sister's house.
We checked in to the Hyatt in Birmingham.
We put on some fancy clothes.
We met with my cousin (officiant) to discuss the ceremony.
We rehearsed at the gallery.
We had the best rehearsal dinner and time ever at Dodiyo's in Homewood.
We talked and toasted with family and friends.
We gave gifts.
We bought boiled peanuts and champagne on our way home.
As the door to the room shut I excitedly said, "I'm done planning!"
We crashed.
The morning of our wedding my family from MS came over to help and spend some time with me.
Meredith and Adam brought us breakfast.
CJ went to hang with the guys at his brother in law's house.
My best friend, sister in law, and niece came to pick me up.
We got our hair done.
I got my makeup done.
We rushed to the hotel.
Madness ensued.
We checked out and left the hotel.
I rode with Meredith and said, "Meredith.  We're on the way to my wedding!"
We got to the gallery and I put on my dress.
The gallery was cleared.
CJ's back was turned.
I walked down the isle to him.
I've never seen such joy in his eyes.
I've never felt so proud.
We cried.
We cried a lot.
We took pictures.


The music started.
The guests arrived and were seated.
The bridal party stood in line.
The mothers were ushered to 'Trumpet Voluntary' (The Prince of Denmark's March) by Clarke.
The processional began to 'Autumn Allegro 2' by Vivaldi.
Then...
On December 10th at approximately 6:15pm I walked down the isle at the Matt Jones Art Gallery to a piano/violin version of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'.  It was magical! 
We said a prayer.
We listened to my brother read a bible verse.
We said our vows.
We cried.
We exchanged rings.
We kissed.
We were introduced for the very first time as husband and wife!
The recessional started to 'La Rejouissance' (Music For The Royal Fireworks) by Handel.
CJ and I sat in a private room. 
We ate.
We cried.
We cried a lot.
My uncle prayed over the food.
The guests began to eat and drink.
We were formally introduced to 'This Will Be' by Natalie Cole.
The bridal party was introduced.  Each had their own song!
"Little Bitty Pretty One"

"Life Is A Highway"

"Rico Suave"

"Dancing Queen"

"Wild Thing"

Golden Girls theme song, "Thank You For Being A Friend"

"Hound Dog"

"Mississippi Girl"
"Sexyback"

"It's Raining Men"
We danced our first dance to 'Mama's Song' by Carrie Underwood.
I danced with my dad to 'Ballerina Girl' by Lionel Richie.
CJ danced with his mom to 'Forever Young' by Rod Stewart.
Everyone danced!
And danced.
 And danced.

We toasted with champagne.
We ate cake to 'Love And Marriage' by Frank Sinatra.
And danced.
Our last song was 'What A Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong.
Our departure song was 'Firework' by Katy Perry.
We left in a 1952 Buick Deluxe.

We crashed.
We woke up late.
We jumped on a brand new twin engine Barron.
We flew to New Orleans...and that will be the next post!

Oh.  These are my brand new sisters...

The wedding was absolutely perfect. 
It was better than I could have ever imagined.
I've dreamt about it since I was a little girl and it exceeded every expectation I've ever had. 
I felt beautiful, lucky, and so incredibly happy.
I loved my dress.  I think it made the wedding! 
We had a blast celebrating with everyone!
Now that it's over, we are thoroughly enjoying newlywed bliss. 
I have a husband!
I'm a wife!
And I'm more in love now than I've ever been before.

No comments: