Friday, August 17, 2012

august 2012


My thoughts are all over the place lately, so chances are this post will be a direct reflection of that.

Hubby's boss gave us lots of venison and fresh vegetables and peppers from his garden.  I made venison vegetable soup and jalapeno cornbread.  I've used the same recipe for the soup every year.  We love it.



I recently made Skinnytaste's recipe for Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp and it was delicious.  In fact, it may be a favorite from that site.  Yet again, another win for Skinnytaste.  Try it!

We made some wall art.


We gave our bookshelf a face lift.




These kids are doing just fine.  They love watching us work on projects.  The other night after hubs and I came in from dinner, he opened the door for me and saw all of them staring at us - then said, "Oh gosh!  Why are there so many of them?"
Ha!


We bought a couch that will be delivered to our new home the day we move in.  We're pretty excited about it!


Our 8 chairs and dining room table are coming along. We're almost done. I can't wait to post before and after pictures!

We also went to the beach, but that will be another post.

I am thrilled it's the weekend!
My sweet husband is about to take me on a much needed date night and tomorrow we'll be celebrating with Ken and Leslie at their wedding.  So excited to see Leslie walk down the isle!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

***

Please say a prayer - and keep praying - for my parents.  My family has had a very difficult few weeks.  I don't know how I could have gotten through some days without my Faith, my supportive husband, Aunt Nancy, Aunt Jo, Aunt Jane, and Ginger. 

No comments: