Wednesday, August 1, 2012

august 2012

Tonight, I decided that I wanted to pick up Chick-fil-A for dinner. I was simply craving their waffle fries. Imagine my surprise when I neared my turn only to spot a line going out the door and cars wrapped around the building.

Then I remembered. 
Ahhh. 
If I agree with what an employee of a fast food restaurant said about marriage, then I most certainly should show my support by ordering a #1 with a diet coke. Because nothing says more about my stance on social issues than where I eat my chicken sandwich.

Then I also remembered.
I should find out which fast food restaurant has the same view as I do on foreign policies.
And government spending.
And...
It's laughable, no?

So I drove to Milo's.
Not to prove a point, but because I wasn't sitting in line for twenty minutes to wait for my dinner. I was hungry. Hungry doesn't suit me well.
I don't know, nor do I care, what any employee at Milo's or any other restaurant has to say about marriage.  I don't particularly care what they have to say about anything. 
I just want my food.

I don't care if Bob marries Mike.
I don't care if Betty marries Mary.
I don't care who marries who.

Because it's just not my business.

No comments: