Wednesday, August 1, 2012

august 2012

You know those days when you feel mentally maxed out?
Last week I felt I had too much on my plate.  It was as though I was a kid in the cafeteria being served heaping spoon fulls of junk that I didn't want, all while saying, "no thanks!"

There were times when I wanted to scream or cry. 
There were times when I wanted to scream and cry.
Instead, I prayed.
And I remembered to be still.
Psalm 37:7-9, James 1:19-20

Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. 

In other news not related to me taking a visit to Crazy Town...

We've been refurbishing a table and eight chairs that my wonderfully sweet SIL gave us.  We're going to use it in the dining room at our new house.  No before and after photos yet!  I promised the hubs we'd wait until we're all done.
But here's one with primer on it!

Hubs and I made this cute little wall art.  It didn't take long at all.  

Because he loves me.

Ah, next week.
(I'm already getting anxiety about leaving my angel dog)

 Last weekend my Aunt Jo, Uncle Bill, and cousin Victoria came to Birmingham.  I was so excited for their visit!  I hadn't seen Victoria in a long time.  We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory and went shopping.  We had a blast!!

Olympics!
We've watched a lot of gymnastics and swimming and I may or may not have done google searches for pictures of Kate Middleton at the games.  Go USA!

Even when life's frustrations seem overwhelming, there are sweet little blessings sprinkled in the mix.  That's what makes this short time here all the more special, sweet little blessings.

Almost the weekend!
xo






No comments: