Tuesday, March 13, 2012

best burger recipe

Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
Recipe can be found here.

I've been wanting to try a turkey burger for quite some time.  
I knew I had to find a recipe with awesome reviews so that I had a better chance of actually enjoying it.  This burger was described as the best turkey burger recipe on most cooking sites and blogs that I visited.  
Donald Trump and Oprah Winfrey also raved about it.
OPRAH.  I'd eat anything she told me to.  

Donald Trump described this burger as the best burger in the entire world.  It is served at his private club Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, at Trump Bar and Grill in Trump Tower in New York City, and at Sixteen in Trump International Hotel in Chicago.

I followed the recipe exactly.  
I made the Mar-a-Lago pear chutney topping as well.  
Hubby cooked the burgers on the grill.  I served them on whole wheat buns with lettuce.  I put the pear chutney on the side so that we could each decide how much we actually wanted on the burger.

This may have been the best burger that I have ever eaten!
I made them Sunday and we had them again last night.  I did make some fresh pear chutney because I wasn't sure how that would taste reheated - and it only took about ten minutes.  We reheated the burgers in the oven and they were still just as flavorful and juicy as they were straight off the grill.  Hubby told me last night that he had been looking forward to his left over turkey burger all day at work.  

SCORE!  
Bestturkeyburgerrecipeever!


No comments: