Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hubs and I both enjoy making old furniture new. 
Some would call this refurbishing. 
I call it refabishing.
We're constantly looking for our next masterpiece.
CJ's grandmother gave us this old sewing table and we could not have been more excited to give it a face lift.  It may be one of my new favorite pieces.  It's darling!






The only required prep was a good sanding job on the top.  We used Krylon's spraypaint with primer then applied a couple layers of polyurethane to protect it.  The handles were less than $5 at Wal-Mart.  Ta-da!

Note:  When looking for inspiration or instruction I always, always use this trusty site.










It's been so nice outside, I decided to pull out my green thumb and plant a few flowers and herbs.  I plan on making another trip back to our home improvement store for even more pretty flowers and fresh herbs.  Ahh, can't wait to add fresh mint to my tea!









These two have been enjoying the weather...






I've enjoyed the view...






It's Saturday now and we have two birthdays to celebrate today!
Happy Weekend!
xo




No comments: