Sunday, April 1, 2012

This weekend was FILLED with birthdays and flowers!

We celebrated little Sadie's first birthday at her house with family, gorgeous weather, burgers on the grill, kids playing in the sandbox, and plenty of gifts for the little one.






Next, was my dad's birthday!
We went to my parent's house and ate salad, baked potatoes, filets and pineapple cake.  After stuffing ourselves, the guys watched basketball while I caught up with my mom.  Superb night!  I managed to get pictures of the food and none of my dad - go figure!












After our busy day yesterday hubs tried to relax today while I kept myself busy outside.  My dad gave me lots of pretty flowers to plant so and I couldn't wait to get them in a pot.  He also gave me a plant stand that he had no use for.  I made a quick trip to our local home improvement store to pick up a few cans of spray paint, potting soil, and some plastic pots for less than a dollar each.  Here's a peak at our colorful deck...now to purchase outdoor pillows and cushions!



















Alright, it's time to put on my apron now.
Hubs picked out an easy Sunday dinner (thank goodness).  We're trying skinny turkey Cuban sandwiches tonight.  Sounds delish!

*For those of you who live in Vestavia/Hoover/Homewood - check out Kool Korner Sandwiches in the Vestavia City Center next to Publix.  The classic Cuban, Galition soup, tamales are all wonderful!  You can view their online menu here:


No comments: