Sunday, April 15, 2012

happy #31, hubby!

Each year that CJ and I have been together I've managed to do something special for his birthday.  
#1 - His 27th
The first year we were together, I threw him a surprise party with our friends.  

#2 - His 28th
The second year, I threw him a surprise party with his family.  

(Those pictures aren't on our new laptop or else I would've posted them here.)

#3 - His 29th
The third year, I invited all of our family and friends to our local State Park for a cook out, some fishing, and a game of kickball.  Our friends brought their fun kids and some even brought their dogs.  The following weekend we went to a Braves game in Atlanta.  So fun!












#4 - His 30th
I surprised him with a trip to New Orleans with his oldest sister and BIL, mom and aunt.  Hubby was so excited the whole time.  It was so fun and memorable.  He had a blast.  We all did!  CJ asked me to be his wife two months prior to this trip so it was our first time on vacation being engaged.  :)  












#5 - His 31st
Friday night we went to watch the Barons play with Brittany, Corey, their daughter Tyler, Katie and Joseph.  It was so nice of them to watch the game with us and we had a blast - minus the chill in the air!  CJ and I stayed after the game for the fireworks show.





Saturday morning Hubs got to open his gifts from me.
Yes, those frames still have the 'Pier 1' insert in them.  Woops.



Next, I made my sweet man a caramel cake.  Not just any caramel cake.  When we were in Mississippi last, a sweet lady made made the best caramel cake for my family after we lost our grandparents.  Everyone, EVERYONE, loved that cake.  I asked my dad to get the recipe for me and was so happy when he called to tell me he had it.  The sweet lady told my dad to tell me that it would take me several tries to get it right.  Several is three, right?  Well, it took me four tries.  I still wasn't convinced the fourth time that it was right so I left it at home instead of bringing it to CJ's birthday dinner.  I'm positive I gave the cake my evil eye a few times.  Although the consistency appeared to look right, I just knew there must be something off with the taste.  I told myself the cake needed to set.  I refrained from tasting it later that night, thinking it would taste wrong and I didn't want to get upset or wake our neighbors with the fit that would inevitable follow said tasting and would probably involve the pan flying out the back door.  Finally, on Sunday morning I got the courage to take a bite.  It was delish.  CJ loved it.  We may or may not have eaten half of it yesterday.


After cake baking, we went to dinner with our family to Papa Saia's.  CJ got a lot of funny and sweet cards. He's looking forward to buying a new piece of gym equipment with his birthday money.




Well, that makes five birthdays that I've spent with the most wonderful man in the world.  


Honey,
I hope that you had a great birthday weekend and felt as special as you are.
Looking back at each year that we've celebrated brings back fun memories.  I think back to those times and how I probably thought that I couldn't be any more in love with you.  Not so!  As it turns out, I seem to fall more in love with you with each hug, each glance, and each hour that passes.  I am constantly reminded that I was put here to love you and to be loved by you.
You make life make sense.

Prayer Request
My mom's sister, Nancy is in the hospital. 
Specifically and earnestly please pray for:
 her blood clots to dissolve quickly and safely
her to be able to breathe on her own comfortably
the spot on her lung to disappear
that your prayers bring her peace.
I'm sorry to be so brief.  I don't feel comfortable posting more details here.
 If each person who reads this blog takes just one minute to talk to God and pray for my aunt, my family and I would greatly appreciate it.

xo


No comments: