Monday, April 16, 2012

easter weekend

April has been a beautiful so far!
I am enjoying the warm days, sunshine, and cool evenings.

Easter weekend came and went too quickly!
I had one of my favorite weekends so far this year.
My mom and I spent Saturday shopping.  I'm not sure how my mom does it, but she just doesn't stop.  She's hard to keep up with.  I was actually getting TIRED.  I couldn't believe it.  Me?  Tired of shopping?  Just as our shopping trip was coming to an end and I was within feet of the store exit, my mom comes to a complete halt as her eyes focused on a pair of shoes.  Thankfully, after a closer look she decided not to try them on.  I went home and took a nap!

Saturday evening we went to Cocina Superior for our friend Brittany's surprise birthday dinner.  It was so nice seeing her and Corey as well as the rest of our friends.




On Sunday we spend the entire day at my parent's house.  I loved every second of it.  It was nice being 'home.'  I made sure I snapped a few pictures of the pretty flowers in their yard while my brother, John helped hubby work on his Jeep.  My mom and I spent the day talking mostly.  
Mom made roast beef, rice, potatoes, carrots, potato salad, ham, corn, butter beans, green beans, rolls, lemon meringue pie and chocolate pie.  It was delicious...we ate it for lunch and then again for dinner before we left.  Homemade cooking is even more delicious when it's homemade by mom.
Fact:  Every time I say or hear 'roast beef'  I think of the movie, How The Grinch Stole Christmas when the Grinch calls it 'roast beast.'











As for day to day life...
What is it with animals acting pitiful when they're wet from a bath?  Dale loves, loves, loves to go swimming...but when he gets wet from a bath he acts as though he's disgusted with himself.  Bill acts like he's embarrassed.  I'll give him some slack - he should be embarrassed, he looks really dumb when he's wet.  Anyway, do they really think that tap water has some supernatural power to dampen not only their fur, but their moods?  Eh, probably.







No comments: