Sunday, March 25, 2012

I've been doing some toddler/baby clothes shopping lately. 
Loren, my cousin, is expecting to meet her baby girl in mid May.
It seems like it was just last week that she told me she was pregnant.
Now, she's only weeks out from meeting her precious baby girl, Hadley!
Callie, my niece, will be four next month.  FOUR.  Seriously?
She was just a baby the other day.
Now, she's a beautiful little firecracker who, at some point, stole my heart.
Our friends, David and Cherie are throwing a joint birthday party for their children Bella (3) and Brooks (1) next month.  I remember walking into the hospital room hours after Cherie had Bella and feeling lucky to meet God's little miracle so soon after she was born. 
That certainly doesn't feel like it was three years ago.
Time flies.  
However, that's not where I was going with this post.
After spending some time on baby boutique sites, baby GAP, Neiman Marcus baby...
It is ridiculous how adorable clothes and shoes are for the little ones - then add a ruffle or polka dots and it's just too much!  How in the world am I supposed to not go broke if we have a little girl?  The minute my eyes spot ruffles and tulle I'll be a lost cause.  
Or so I thought...
photo courtesy of kelly's kids

Oh my.
I'm sure it would be a real PLEASURE discussing with CJ why our little boy must wear a John-John and sandals or knee socks and white shoes.
Which is precisely why I wouldn't discuss it. 
Little Ewers will look so cutie in his John-John!
In other news.
We were able to spend time with BOTH out our amazing families last weekend.  We had a cookout at my SIL's then a shrimp boil at my parent's house.  I cherish those moments.

This weekend was another one filled with family!
Friday I spent time with my mom shopping the hours away.  We spent most of our time in Anthropologie browsing dresses, colorful shorts, pretty kitchen knick knacks.  Just fab.  We ended our day at Cheesecake Factory with strawberry cheesecake and coffee.  My mom is my best friend and my biggest fan.  It was a great day that turned itself into an even more great memory.
Saturday morning hubs and myself woke up early and headed to Pell City to help CJ's grandmother move.  It was nice seeing the cousins, aunts, and uncles that we usually only get to see on holidays.  The weather was perfect and we were able to get a lot accomplished.  We had plans to go to the movies and dinner once we got home but we were exhausted.  We opted for takeout and a movie, instead!
Here it is now, a beautiful Sunday morning. 
We're headed out to run errands soon.  I hope to plant some flowers later this afternoon and take my fat, old, sweet dog on a long walk.

Ahh, as for what's been on our plates...

I made this peanut butter pie from skinnytaste.  It was so fluffy, yummy, and EASY.  Hubs is a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate which is why I chose the recipe.  I'm not peanut butter's biggest fan, so I was shocked that I enjoyed it as much as I did.  Another hit from my favorite recipe site!


We grilled a pork tenderloin on the grill for the first time in years last week.  It was mah-velous.  Too easy.  It's so nice cooking outside in the summer!



No real culinary endeavors.  :) 

No comments: