Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses & Familiy Visit

Monday night was one of the most special nights I've had so far as a fiance.  I met my mom, two aunts (from Mississippi), Staci (Maid of Honor), Meredith (Bridesmaid), Jill (Bridesmaid), Callie (flower girl), and Rachel (CJ's little sister) to do a little bridesmaid dress shopping.  I wish Loren (other bridesmaid) could have been there, but she lives in Mississippi I know how hard it is to get off of work.  Rachel and I had dresses picked out before everyone else got there.  My first choice worked perfectly.  I originally picked it out online and my mom wasn't thrilled with it.  It wound up looking great on all the girls and my mom and aunts loved them too.  Callie looked so sweet in her dress and head piece.  I got to try on my wedding dress for all the girls. 

My pretty Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids...minus Loren!

I'm so grateful for such sweet family and friends.  I'm excited that CJ and I get to share our special day with all of them.  I'm enjoying every aspect of wedding planning, each event always being more special than I had intended.  Everything is such a sweet, sweet memory. 
I took off work Tuesday to spend the day with my aunts and mom.  We were able to visit the venue and with the help of my aunt visualize the whole process.  She has such an eye for things like that.  How lucky am I?  After that, we went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen then went shopping.  Those ladies can shop!  The past two mornings I've rushed to get ready for work so that I could go by my mom's house to eat a piece of cake and have coffee with them.
My aunts are leaving today but I have thoroughly enjoyed them being here.  I really wish we lived closer to family.  I suppose it makes it more special when we see them, but it's also sad when we leave each other.  I had no idea how special Monday night would be or how much their trip here would mean to me.  I actually get choked up thinking about it!   

No comments: